First of all, this coconut cold brew coffee concentrate seems like it was made just for us!! Are you even kidding me? I mean, coffee is like a total daily absolute necessity here and then you add in coconut…well, duh! That’s just pure perfection! Nice job Trader Joe’s…nice job!
So, we all know (or maybe you don’t yet, but you do now) that adding espresso of any kind is guaranteed to kick up your chocolate recipe so why would these insanely amazing GTK brownies be any different??
You might have already guessed it, but this cold brew is our secret ingredient in our famous ooey, gooey, fudgy, off the hook brownies. Wanna try em yet? I know, I don’t blame you!! They are actually really easy to make and you don’t even have to break out the flour, the eggs or the granulated sugar cuz they don’t have any of those ingredients! What? Are you for real? Really, you can’t believe it…but you gotta trust us.
All you need is some peanut butter, apple sauce, maple syrup, this coconut cold brew coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and of course your vegan chocolate chips (or the regular kind if you don’t have these on hand) and unsweetened coconut flakes…and voila! You are good to go! There’s hardly even a mess as you can make it all in one bowl! Sweet! Just stir it all up, pour the chocolatey mixture into an 8×8 pan and pop it into the oven for like 20 minutes and you are off to chocolate, coconut cold brew brownie heaven!! You are so welcome!!
- ¾ C natural peanut butter
- ¼ C maple syrup
- ¼ C natural unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp coconut cold brew concentrated coffee - can use unflavored cold brew as well
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp for topping vegan mini chocolate chips - can use regular non-vegan as well.
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 X 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients together except for the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to thoroughly mix together. Add 2 Tbsp chocolate chips and mix. Spread evenly in pan - The mixture will appear thin, but it will make very fudgy brownies. Sprinkle top with additional 1 Tbsp chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely, sprinkle with coconut flakes. Cut into squares and enjoy!