Want to know how you can look super gourmet even if you’re not? Stuff food into food. Really, it’s true….just look at this simple salad. Stuff a wedge salad inside a tomato and all of a sudden it takes it to a whole new level. Drizzle easy homemade yogurt blue cheese dressing over the top and crumble some crumbled turkey bacon and you can pretty much call yourself Julia Child or Giada De Laurentiis or Gordon Ramsey…you get the idea. You will look like you really know what you’re doing in the kitchen, even if you really don’t!
This is an awesome salad to serve if you’re entertaining. You can hollow the tomatoes out in advanced, make the salad dressing, clean the lettuce and cook up the turkey bacon. When it comes time to serve the salad, it’s easy to quickly assemble. You will look like an effortless cook in kitchen…you can even use the line “oh, I just threw this together…no biggie.” Because literally you DID just throw it together, even though it looks majorly Pinterest worthy.
So now that you know about our little secret about stuffing food inside of food it’s time to get started. Throw this salad together the next time you have guests over for dinner, serve it alongside a protein like steak or grilled chicken and you will look like a pro!
- 4 large tomatoes like beefsteak or hierloom
- 2 C romaine lettuce, chopped into thin strips
- 2 pieces turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ C 0% Greek Yogurt
- ½ C buttermilk
- ½ C crumbled blue cheese
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Using a paring knife cut a large circle over the top of each tomato to remove the top. Remove as much of the inner tomato as possible without tearing the skin. You may need to flip the tomato over to remove any excess liquid and seeds.
- Stuff each tomato with romaine lettuce. Divide the turkey bacon crumbles equally and sprinkle over the top of each tomato. Spoon creamy yogurt blue cheese dressing over the top.
- In a small bowl add all ingredients together and mix with a spoon until incorporated. Store any remaining dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.