Who says healthy has to be boring and flavorless?? We are proving the nay-sayers wrong with this flavorful and uber healthy orange-ginger veggie stir fry with cauliflower rice. Even better is that you can have this on your table in 20 minutes. Now that’s what I’m talking about!
Most of us don’t have time to slave over a meal at night, and even if you do have time you probably wouldn’t want to do that anyways. As much as I love cooking, by the end of a busy day it’s not always what I want to be doing. So quick and easy is always a good combo….okay, that can really be taken the wrong way. Still talking about food here just to be clear!
Since cauliflower rice has become so popular recently, it’s easy to find almost anywhere. You can make it yourself, but it’s also really easy to buy it in the frozen section at most stores. I used the veggies I had on hand for this stir-fry but you can use whatever you have in your fridge. I love the combo of the sweet bell peppers with sautéed mushrooms and snow peas, but this dish is super versatile so pick your own combo.
Check out some of our other favorite rice bowls here:
- juice and zest of one large orange
- ¼ C rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 3 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 Tbsp corn starch mixed with 1 Tbsp warm water
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 C mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C snow peas
- 2 C cauliflower rice
- 2 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients for the orange ginger sauce and whisk together until fully mixed. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add cauliflower rice and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Heat another skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Add sliced peppers, mushrooms and peas. Allow to cook for approx 5 minutes until veggies are cooked through but not soft. Add orange ginger sauce to skillet and cook for an additional minute or two until sauce thickens.
- Divide cauliflower rice evenly between two low bowls. Top each bowl with veggie/stir fry mixture and sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.