After an intense hike yesterday I came home famished but wanted something light and refreshing. I started raiding the fridge, which happens all the time by the way. There are just some items that are staples in my kitchen. Tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, red onion and kalamata olives are absolutely always on hand. Ask my kids, they will tell you that one or more of these items ends up in their lunch several times a week. Anyway, I also had some fresh mint which was an added bonus. Actually, more like a huge bonus because when you add fresh herbs to anything, it’s a total game changer. So, a Greek salad was happening and I was happy happy. Oh, and sometimes just a super simple vinaigrette like red wine vinegar and oil does so much more than you think. Talk about an easy, light and healthy lunch! Yum! I’ll probably make this one again tomorrow.
- 2 C cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English Cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- ½ C kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ C feta cheese, cubed
- ¼ C red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- S&P to taste
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- Whisk red wine vinegar and olive oil together in a small bowl. Add all salad ingredients together in a medium bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss. Season with S&P to taste.
- Garnish with additional mint if desired.