Three cheers for summer produce!! Today it’s all about the sweet summer corn and beautiful zucchini that we picked up at the farmers market! We are huge fans of both of these veggies and they really pair so well together. We are always looking for new creative ways to use the everyday produce we have on hand and this crustless quiche was a total home run!
We started by simply sautéing up some onion, garlic, corn and zucchini in a little olive oil on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
We then mixed the eggs, fontina cheese, half and half, cream, a little salt and pepper and the sautéed veggies in a bowl then poured the mixture into a parchment lined pie dish. Place a few dollops of ricotta cheese over the top of the quiche.
Cook for about 45 minutes…until the quiche is a pretty golden brown color and firm in the center. Allow to cool for roughly 10 minutes before serving! This is the perfect light dish for brunch or a warm supper night.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 ears sweet corn cut off the cob
- 1 large zuchinni sliced paper thin
- 3 eggs
- ½ C fontina cheese - can also use pepperjack for some added spice
- ¼ C ricotta
- 1 C fat free half and half
- ½ C heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and let cook for 3 or 4 minutes. Add garlic, zuchinni and corn and sautee for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix eggs, fontina, half and half, cream and S&P. Add sauteed vegetables to the bowl and mix.
- Line a glass pie dish with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture into the parchment lined pie dish. Top with dollaps of ricotta. Bake on center rack for 40-45 minutes until the quiche is firm and not jiggly and golden brown on the top. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.