We know, you saw this recipe and you were like, “Wait, What???” Then you told yourself, “I have GOT to try this!!” We absolutely don’t blame you. Is there really anything better than deliciously sweet roasted tomatoes, tangy kalamata olives, fragrant fresh basil and rosemary and creamy feta cheese? Pile this off the hook mixture on top of some grilled artisan bread and you are not going to believe how happy it makes you! Some people happen to get a little over excited about food and I might be one of them. Not even worried that you might be judging either. Just take my word for it on this one…add it to your list. Wanna know the best part? This tomato and olive tapenade bruschetta happens to be super easy to make! Yay!!
So in a few simple steps you too can be in tomato and olive tapenade bruschetta heaven. Toss baby heirloom or cherry tomatoes in a bit of olive oil and kosher salt and roast until they get all squishy and broken down.
While the tomatoes are getting all hot and bothered you can chop your other ingredients and do a little mix-mix in a bowl.
You can also work on toasting up artisan bread slices in a skillet until they turn a little crispy and golden brown. If you can handle those few steps then you are in luck, because it’s that easy!
Add the tomatoes to the bowl and drizzle a bit more olive oil to the mixture and season with S&P. Now comes the fun part….start spooning the tapenade on the bread. I’m in love with the pretty bright colors of the tapenade. Not only is this creation pretty on the outside, it’s pretty on the inside too….when you actually try it you are going to freak out! Don’t just take our word for it, go try it for yourself….like now.
Check out other bruschetta recipes by clicking on the link below and have yourself a full on bruschetta party!! http://www.goodthymekitchen.com/bruschetta-3-ways/
- 2 C multi-colored hierloom baby tomatoes - or cherry tomatoes
- good quality olive oil
- ½ C kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- ¼ C feta, cubed
- ¼ C chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 small loaf artisan bread, sliced
- kosher salt & ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss tomatoes in 1 Tbsp olive oil to coat. Arrange tomatoes on baking sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt. Roast for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine olives, feta, basil, rosemary, tomatoes, 1 Tbsp olive oil and S&P to taste. Fold ingredients together until combinesd.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cut sliced bread in half. Drizzle skillet with approx. 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add bread, brown each side until lightly toasted. Arrange bread on a serving platter, top with tomato and olive tapenade and serve.