Here comes our chicken avocado spinach wrap and who doesn’t love a good wrap? Especially when you stuff it with things like shredded chicken, creamy avocado, tomatoes, spring mix lettuce and toasted sunflower seeds. Toss some of our absolute favorite lemon basil dressing and wrap everything up in a spinach tortilla….booya!
Wraps are so easy to throw together and you can get creative with the ingredients you choose to stuff into your tortilla. Our favorite is the chicken avocado spinach wrap. They are also a good alternative for your own lunch or school lunches when you’ve hit your sandwich limit!
Our favorite is the chicken avocado spinach wrap. There are so many different types of tortillas available now as well like sun-dried tomato, herb, spinach, or there are even gluten free options. For our chicken avocado spinach wrap, you can play around with the different flavored tortillas or just stick to a plain flour tortilla. You can’t go wrong with whatever you choose.
We happen to love these spinach tortillas and the combination that we created to stuff inside this wrap is absolutely delicious. It’s also important to point out that the color combo is on point with the green spinach tortilla, purple cabbage, yellow tomato, white chicken and light green avocado. I don’t know about you but I always enjoy eating food that looks and tastes good, so a pretty wrap it is for the win!!
Here’s another win. Cook up a little extra chicken when you make our Pan Roasted Chicken with Purple Potatoes and use the leftovers for these delicious wraps.
- 1 large spinach tortilla
- ½ C shredded chicken
- 1½ C spring mix salad - (can also use spinach, kale, romaine or greens of choice)
- ¼ C purple cabbage, sliced thin
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 1 Tbsp roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- ½ medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon basil dressing
- juice of 1 extra large lemon or 2 medium lemons
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 C loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ C 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1½ Tbsp honey
- ¼ C good quality olive oil
- S & P to taste
- Add all ingredients except for olive oil into a blender or use an immersion blender. Blend until basil is thoroughly mixed. Slowly drizzle olive oil in with blender on until combined. Add S & P to taste.
- In a medium bowl add all of the ingredients for the wrap except the dressing and the tortilla. Drizzle dressing over the top and toss to coat.
- Place salad mixture in the center of the tortilla. Fold each side in and roll tightly. Cut in half and serve.
- Store remaining dressing in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.