Did someone say NACHOS??? In my opinion nachos are the best part of the Super Bowl, well nachos and the commercials, duh!! This year we are kicking it up a notch and serving up these chicken chorizo nachos loaded with orange bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, black beans, jalapeños and pepper jack cheese. Can I just say that it really doesn’t matter who wins the football game when you have these nachos in front of you.
Aside from taking 10 minutes to brown up the chicken chorizo, these nachos are a cinch to throw together. Just layer the toppings on top of the blue corn tortilla chips and pop them in the oven. Hold off on adding the fresh cilantro and sour cream drizzle until after they come out of the oven. We also waited to add the jalapeños but you can throw them in the mix before you bake them if you want.
Now really…how can you argue that the excitement of the Super Bowl game wins out over these melty cheesy spicy nachos? Get excited for Sunday because now you can sit back and eat these nachos while watching some hilarious commercials, awesome half-time entertainment, and oh…a football game, almost forgot about that minor detail!!
- 1 lb chicken chorizo
- 8 oz blue corn tortilla chips
- ½ C red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ C cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ C black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ C pepperjack cheese, shredded
- ¼ C sliced jalapenos
- ½ C fresh cilantro, chopped
- sour cream or creme fraiche - drizzled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium - high heat. Add chicken chorizo, breaking up with a spatula as it cooks. Cook the chorizo for approximately 10 minutes until chorizo is browned. Set chorizo on a paper towel lined plate to soak up excess oil.
- Using a sheet pan with raised sides or a cast iron platter arrange blue corn tortilla chips evenly. Sprinke with bell peppers, tomatoes, black beans and chorizo evenly over chips. Top with grated pepperjack cheese.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 20 minutes until cheese begins to bubble and turns golden brown. Garnish with fresh jalapeno slices, cilantro and drizzled sour cream or creme fraiche.