These pumpkin bars are a total game changer! Does a delicious dessert that happens to be vegan, as well as gluten, grain and refined sugar free sound too good to be true? Well, we are here to tell you that it’s not! And not only are these beautiful little bars all of those things, they are freaking delicious too!! You have to trust us here. They are full of pumpkiny flavor, creamy and sweet. Sounds like a win to us. Okay, let’s get down to business. Here’s how you make these guys…
Start by soaking a cup of raw cashews in a bowl of boiling water for 30 minutes. While the nuts are hangin out (that sounds weird), you can get going on the rest of the steps. The crust is really quite simple. In a food processor, add oats and almonds and pulse until broken down. Then add in the brown sugar, maple syrup, salt and coconut oil and process until nicely combined.
Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and press the mixture into the bottom of the pan. You can use the back of a spoon or your trusty hands! Be sure that it’s nice and even. Pop this into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Once it’s all pretty and golden, remove from oven and set aside to cool. While the crust is cooling, you can start on the filling.
The filling is really easy to make. Just put all of the ingredients into a food processor or a high powered blender and process until smooth. Spread the filling over the crust evenly and bake for 40 minutes. Cool at room temperature then transfer to the fridge for at least 4 hours before cutting into squares.
Warning: These pumpkin bars are highly addictive. No worries though, eat up because they are actually good for you. This doesn’t happen very often so take advantage people!!
Check out some of our other favorite pumpkin desserts below.
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1 C raw almonds
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ C coconut oil
- 1 C raw cashews (soaked in a bowl of boiling hot water for 30 minutes)
- 1 15oz can raw pumpkin
- 1 15oz can refrigerated coconut cream - white solids only
- ¼ C pure maple syrup
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- kosher salt to taste - approx ¼ tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor add oats and almonds and pulse until broken down. Add remaining ingredients and process until combined.
- Line a 9x9 inch rimmed baking pan with parchment. Spread mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan. Use the back of a spoon or hand to press the crust to the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool. Keep oven set at 350.
- Using a food processor or high powered blender add all filling ingredients. Process until smooth. Spread filling over the crust evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temp. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting into slices to serve.