If you are ever looking for a super quick and easy dinner, this delicious grilled flank steak arugula salad with creamy balsamic is your answer. There are very few ingredients in this dish and the flavors are just outa this world. Whoever came up with the idea to pair a fantastic charred steak with gorgonzola cheese and then top it off with a balsamic dressing is like a totally brilliant person and I wish I knew them. I should actually google that…I wonder if I could find out who that amazing person was?? Wow, you’d think I don’t have anything better to do with my time. Possibly??? Anyway, I digress…back to this dish. I’m gonna tell you just how easy this one is to make. Put these ingredients on your shopping list this week for sure. You’ll be so happy!!
Do you want the good news or the good news? You don’t even have to spend any time marinating this flank steak. I like to just drizzle it with a little olive oil and coat it generously with some kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper. Sometimes less is more when it comes to seasoning. Not to mention, this steak is being paired with some other pretty dominating flavors…gorgonzola and balsamic have a way of letting you know they are present….In a super good way of course!! Take your steak out of the fridge about 15-20 minutes prior to cooking it so it comes to room temp. It cooks better if it’s not super cold. Preheat the grill to high heat and after you season up the steak, throw it onto the nice hot grill. Let it cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Flank steak is pretty thin so it cooks up quickly. Once it’s cooked to your liking, remove it from the grill and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
While the steak is resting, you can focus on your remaining cast of characters for this dish. Piece of cake huh? Seems easy enough. You simply need your favorite gorgonzola cheese, some beautiful cherry tomatoes, arugula, an avocado (duh, we will always find a place for an avocado…I don’t care what it is…the avo is always invited to the party), and then of course, the creamy balsamic dressing. To say I could drink this dressing is an understatement…I may have even tried it before. Don’t judge. Anyway, time to assemble. Not rocket science here. Super simple…throw all the ingredients into a bowl, slice up the steak and lay it on top, then drizzle your dressing and voila! Look what just happened! It’s so pretty! Now, it’s your turn! You got this!!
- 1 pound flank steak
- ½ Cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 Cup cherry tomates - sliced
- 1 avocado - sliced
- 4 Cups arugula - large stems removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic - chopped
- 2 Tbsp 0% greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a blender or immersion blender, add all ingredients except olive oil and blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle int he olive oil and continue to blend until incorporated.
- Preheat grill to high heat
- Remove steak from fridge 20 minutes prior to cooking to allow it to come to room temperature
- Drizzle steak with olive oil on both sides and season generously with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Place steak on grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred - about 4-5 minutes on each side
- Remove steak from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While steak is resting, toss arugula, tomatoes, avocado and gorgonzola crumbles in a bowl with the balsamic.
- Slice the steak into thin pieces going against the grain and place on top of salad.