If you love Thai yellow curry, then you are going to absolutely love this dish. I swear the curry craving is oddly powerful. When it strikes, it doesn’t go away until you oblige. So we suggest not waiting. Sometimes you just get that real need to have curry in your life. Is that too much? Am I going overboard? Whatever, you get my drift… anywho…the curry craving came with a vengeance and therefore this dinner happened. And you can thank us later. The best news for you, besides the fact that this recipe is really delicious, it’s also really easy to make and tastes like it took a really long time! Winning!
Start by cutting the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces and chopping the veggies. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken. Once it’s nice and cooked through, remove it from the pan and set it aside. Add a little more olive oil to the pan and saute the shallots for about 2 minutes, then do the same with the garlic. Add in the zucchini and the peppers and saute for about 5-8 minutes, until they are nicely browned (but not overcooked). Make sure you don’t overcook the veggies because nobody likes soggy veggies. (Well, I assume nobody does but if that’s your jam, you can do as you please). Add in the curry paste, fresh ginger, coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken back to the pan and continue to cook until the veggies are cooked through. Add the spinach at the very end. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top and stir to incorporate.
Serve this delicious chicken and veggie Thai yellow curry over your favorite rice! We used jasmine for this recipe because we happen to love it!
Check out another favorite dish that’s similar to this one:
- 2 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zuchinni, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- ½ C water
- 2 C chopped fresh spinach, packed
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 C jasmine rice, cooked according to package instructions. Can also use cauliflower rice or quinoa as a substitute.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cooking each side approximately 4 minutes per side until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and sautee for 2 minutes, add garlic and sautee for an additional minute. Add zuchinni and red bell pepper. Sautee for 5-8 minutes until browned. Add yellow curry paste, ginger, coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer. Continue to cook until vegetables are cooked through. Add spinach the last minute of cooking. Squeeze the lime juice over the top and mix to incorporate.
- Serve curry over jasmine rice and garnish with fresh mint if desired.