Not only is Pitaya (aka Dragon Fruit) a gorgeous vibrant pink color, it’s also super delicious AND a total health powerhouse! Just to give you a little insight, dragon fruit is loaded with magnesium, high in fiber, rich in antioxidants, a good source of iron, rich in Vitamin C and B2…oh, and these dragon fruit packets also happen to be organic and non GMO! Boom!! Convinced of the health benefits yet? You really can’t go wrong with food that tastes amazing and is good for you. If you’ve never had the pleasure of tasting a pitaya bowl, now is the time. It’s kinda like a thicker smoothie in a bowl with lots of yummy toppings and we are here to make it easy for you to get this recipe on the table.
The pitaya comes in these frozen packets and can be found in your freezer section next to the acai packets. Basically, the hard work is done for you! You can check out the Pitaya Plus website for retailers near you at https://www.pitayaplus.com. You just need to empty the packets into your blender and add the other ingredients we listed below. I will mention that we noted in the instructions that you only add the solid parts of the full fat coconut cream…when you open the can of the cream, there will be both solids and liquids inside…this is normal…but just use the solids to thicken up your fruit mixture. We made this one with frozen mango and a little almond milk, poured it into the bowl and topped it with some of our favorite fruit, chia seeds, granola, a drizzle of honey and of course, unsweetened coconut flakes. Oh my yum!! You are gonna be blown away when you try this.
Let us know what you think!! Enjoy!
- 1 C frozen dragonfruit or pitaya (can purchase in the frozen section in packets next to the acai packets 2 packets = approx 1 C)
- 1 C frozen mango
- ¼ C full fat coconut cream - white solids only
- 2 tsp raw honey + more for drizzle
- 2 Tbsp coconut or almond milk
- 1 kiwi, skin removed and sliced
- ½ banana, sliced
- ¼ C blueberries
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ¼ C granola
- In a high powered blender add pitaya (dragonfruit), mango, coconut cream, honey and coconut milk. Blend until incorporated.
- Top with all remaining ingredients or use whatever fruit/nut/granola combo you prefer.