Hellloooo sheet pan roasted lemon chicken dinner. It’s the easiest dinner ever that makes you look like you’ve spent all day in the kitchen…I think I’m in love. Not only is this sheet pan roasted lemon chicken with herbs and purple potatoes the easiest dinner ever, it’s also ridiculously delicious. Oh, and I forgot to mention that it’s healthy, and there is zero cleanup. Yep, you read right….zero cleanup! If you haven’t heard about sheet pan dinners yet, they are a thing and they are here to stay. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, throw your ingredients on the sheet pan and roast away. The parchment paper will protect the sheet pan from getting dirty and parchment paper is non-stick. Woohoo! Also….if you haven’t been buying the parchment sheets at the grocery store you need to! They are literally sheets of parchment paper pre-cut to sheet pan size, they are the best invention ever. Seriously the things I get excited about are so lame it’s embarrassing!!
Roasted chicken is something that I could eat every night and probably not get sick of. It’s my idea of comfort food. Plus, I love to roast chicken and then use the leftovers the rest of the week for things like chicken tortilla soup or our Guiltless Creamy Chicken Salad. The flavors in this dish are classic, simply a combo of fresh herbs, lemons, garlic and olive oil. The combination of these flavors mixed with the chicken, onions and potatoes are magical. You can never go wrong with that mixture of flavors…ever!
You can imagine how divine your house will smell when this sheet pan roasted lemon chicken comes out of the oven. Yep, it will smell amazing. One last bonus that I forgot to mention is that the ingredients for this dinner are under $20 for everything and it fed my family of 5 with leftovers. And that’s called winning!
Check out a recipe for sheet pan filet of sole with blistered tomatoes and asparagus. So yum!
- Organic Split Chicken (breasts & drumsticks - skin on)
- approx 4½ lbs.
- 1½ lbs mini purple potatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped into large segments
- zest of 2 lemons - cut into large segments
- ⅓ C good quality olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp rosemary, minced
- 1 Tbsp thyme, minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary and thyme and stir to mix.
- In a seperate bowl add potatoes and onions and 2 Tbsp of olive oil mixture. Toss to coat.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chicken on sheet pan and arrange onions, potatoes and lemons around the chicken. Coat both sides of chicken with remaining olive oil mixture. Season everything on the sheet pan generously with kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes, or until the nternal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from oven and serve immediately.