Bring on the cauliflower Alfredo over zoodles! We happen to love Alfredo but it is not exactly something that you can eat on a regular basis without feeling very guilty. There happens to be just a few calories in the “real” stuff. That is why we decided to try Alfredo that’s made with cauliflower instead! This stuff is fantastic and we are quite excited about it. Cauliflower is all the rage these days and it’s just so great how you can substitute it in a variety of ways. We know we love cauliflower rice so we were sure this recipe was going to work out. All of our kids love Alfredo so we did a secret test to see if they’d be into this recipe and guess what?? They were!! They actually really liked it. We did however, feed it to them over pasta instead of zoodles. I mean, we didn’t want to push our luck right? We however, loved it over the zoodles!
Check out how easy peasy this stuff is to make! Just start by cutting the cauliflower into florets.
Boil the florets until they are soft and cooked through, then drain them and transfer to the food processor. Add the chicken broth and pulse until smooth. Add in the cream, garlic and cheese (you’re welcome) and pulse until combined. The smell is so amazing! Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Now you can get going on the zoodles.
Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet and saute the zoodles for about 3-5 minutes until they begin to break down. Add the cauliflower Alfredo to the skillet and stir to combine. Serve with additional Alfredo sauce over the top of the zoodles and season with a sprinkle of cheese. We know you are going to love this.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 6 C water
- 1½ C chicken broth
- ¼ C heavy cream
- 1-2 cloves garlic - begin with one clove, add an additional clove if needed
- **1/2 C + more for serving grated quattro formaggio cheese blend
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tsp good quality olive oil
- **3 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- ¼ C flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add cauliflower florets, boil for approx 6 minutes until cauliflower is cooked through. Drain in a collander, add cauliflower to a food processor or high powered blender.
- Add chicken broth and pulse until smooth. Add cream, garlic and cheese and pulse until incorporated. Season with S&P to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zoodles and sautee for 3-5 minutes until the zoodles begin to break down. Add 1 C of cauliflower alfredo to the skillet, stir and remove from heat after 1 minute.
- Serve with additional cauliflower sauce over the top, garnish with a sprinkle of cheese and chopped parsley.