It’s Memorial Day weekend which means it’s time to fire up your bbq and get grilling! You can’t go wrong with these ground chicken burgers with swiss and guacamole. We switched it up and decided to go with ground chicken instead of turkey or ground beef. We love the guacamole and swiss with the ground chicken, it’s the bomb diggity dong. By the way, how cute are these little red baskets and adorable star paper? Thank you Dollar Store and Target, you never disappoint!! Anything that looks this adorable and makes clean up a cinch is a good combo and a definite must have.
I know we say this all of the time but these burgers are so easy. If ground chicken isn’t on the shelf at your grocery store just ask the butcher and they can run some chicken breasts through the grinder. Mix the ground chicken breast meat with some fresh basil and flat leaf parsley, garlic, a dollap of greek yogurt and S&P. Fold it all together until mixed and form into patties. Sounds easy enough, right? Grill up the chicken patties, top them with a slice of swiss and some fresh guacamole all inside a flakey brioche bun and you are in juicy burger heaven! If you are trying to cut the carbs, substitute the brioche bun for large lettuce leaves as the bun and you still have yourself one tasty burger. We served these alongside some hand cut oven baked fries. This is Memorial Day grilling made simple and delicious!
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3-4 turns of fresh cracked pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger or brioche buns
- 3 large haas avocados
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- ⅓ C red onion, minced
- ½ C loosely packed chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to mix the ground chicken with the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Form mixture into equal size patties. Cook burgers on outdoor grill or indoor grill pan, cooking approximately 5 minutes per side until cooked through. Add swiss cheese the last 2 minutes of cooking until melted.
- In a medium bowl add the avocado and mash with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated. Spread on top of burger.