Okay people, we have another super delicious and “healthified” Thanksgiving side to switch up your game this year. Move over green bean casserole cuz our GTK creamed spinach is moving in. You are not going to believe how easy and yummy this recipe is. Just picture this on top of your creamy mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash! Yum! We all know how good spinach is for you right? Well, in case you are not up to speed on the nutritional value of this super green, here are a few keywords for ya…high in niacin, zinc, protein, fiber, Vitamins A, C, E and K, folate, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and potassium. Ummm…Yes Please! Wow! All those benefits wrapped up in a tiny little leaf! Anyway, I’ll step down off the nutritional high horse and get back to the recipe.
You are gonna want to start by sautéing the shallots and garlic in a little butter and olive oil. Then toss in your big ol batch of fresh spinach. Once the spinach starts to wilt, you can add in the Greek yogurt, milk and nutmeg. Make sure it’s nicely mixed together and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Oh the smells are outa this world. Yum. Transfer to a serving bowl, season with salt and pepper and top with parmesan cheese. Your guests are going to be so excited about this dish! This one is a repeater for sure!
Some of our other Favorite Side Dishes:
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb spinach, stemmed and chopped
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ C whole milk
- ¼ C 0% Greek yogurt
- kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Add butter and olive oil in large sautee pan over medium-high heat, allow butter to melt. Add shallots and sautee for 2 minutes, add garlic and sautee for an additional minute. Add spinach and cook until it begins to wilt. Add nutmeg milk and yogurt, mix well. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes. Season with S&P to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle top with cheese. Serve immediately.