This pesto pasta with sausage, spinach and jammy tomatoes could very well be one of the easiest, most delicious weeknight dinners ever! We are pretty much obsessed with all of these ingredients and just how quickly you can throw this dish together. It’s hard to decide what the best part is, but we’re just sayin, once you toss tomatoes into a hot skillet and let them break down a bit, they turn all sweet and jammy and that right there is heavenly! It’s amazing how something so simple can be so unbelievably good.
Talk about simple ingredients…You only need your favorite pasta, some cherry tomatoes, chicken sausage, fresh spinach and pesto. You can make your own pesto if you feel like it (we have an amazing, super easy recipe on this site) or you can buy a prepared one and save yourself even more time! Either way, you are gonna love this dish and it’s simplicity. Just start by boiling your pasta. While that’s happening, in a medium skillet add the sausage and cook them up until they turn a perfect golden brown, then add in the tomatoes and let the tomatoes get nice and broken down…this will take about 3-5 minutes. Once the pasta is cooked, drain (reserve a bit of pasta water) and toss it in the pesto. Add in the sausage, tomatoes and spinach, reserved pasta water and you are good to go!
How delicious does this look? This dish is seriously sooooo good. The best part is that it’s also a winner for the whole family! The kids happen to love this one too. That’s always a good thing right? So, go ahead, add these simple ingredients to your next shopping list and put this dish on your list this week! You won’t regret it!
Want to see another recipe like this one?
- 4 italian chicken sausages, casings removed and sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 C cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 C spinach, stemed and chopped
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- ½ C prepared pesto
- ¼ C reserved pasta water
- salt - to salt pasta water
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- In a large pot boil salted water. Once boiled add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking heat a large sautee pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced sausage and sear each side until golden brown- approx 5 minutes per side.
- Add tomatoes and allow to cook for about 3-5 minutes until they begin to break down.
- Drain pasta, reserving about ½ C of boiling water. Place drained pasta back in the pot and add pesto and stir to coat. Add tomatoes and sausage mixture and chopped spinach and fold into pasta. Add about ¼ C + more if needed, reserved pasta water. Top with grated cheese to serve.