Can you think of anything more delicious than a sweet blueberry muffin? Well, maybe, but not right now because the smell that’s coming from my oven is seriously so good. I’ve got a batch of these yummy sweet muffins going and I can’t wait to eat one! The kids are going to be so excited after school today! The best part is that this recipe is really easy to make. You can use fresh blueberries or frozen ones if you don’t have any fresh one’s on hand.
Start by preheating you oven to 350. You will need 2 bowls so you can mix all the dry ingredients on one and the wet in the other. In one bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then, in the other bowl, combine the melted butter, egg and egg yolk and the buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined. Then gently fold in the blueberries.
Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill them up to the top. Sprinkle the tops with the raw sugar. This sugar works better for baking because it stays in it’s pretty crunchy form and doesn’t melt. The crunchy sugary tops are the best part of a muffin right? Who doesn’t love a muffin top?? ha
Anyway, pop these guys into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked through. Like I said, the house will smell amazing and everyone is going to be so happy!! Store in an airtight container to enjoy during the week…they are great to pack in the kids lunches too! Hope you enjoy!!
Check out some of our other favorite muffin recipes:
- 2½ C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1½ C buttermilk
- 2 C blueberries - fresh or frozen
- 3 Tbsp turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add all of the dry ingredients except for the turbinado sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, gently mix until blended with a fork. Add blueberries and carefully fold in with a spatula.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Fill each liner until almost full with batter. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.