Ummmm, yea….so this happened today. Sometimes you just have to have peanut butter, chocolate and fruit okay? I’m not even going to apologize because something tells me that you are really going to appreciate these recipes. We are both always looking for fun new ideas for the kids for after school or after sports snacks and well, making quesadillas is always a win! And, I will also add that these are not just for kids. Grown ups can enjoy them just as much…and we do, thank you. We had fun experimenting with these flavor combos. Not rocket science here…just yummy ingredients that we had on hand. Let’s keep it simple people.
So, we had whole wheat tortillas, bananas, peanut butter, chocolate chunks, a green apple, some chia seeds and honey. The flavor combo of peanut butter, bananas and chocolate is clearly nothing new but when you smash it all together between two tortillas and heat it up so the chocolate gets all melty and ooey gooey…oh my goodness! It’s to die for! And of course the other guy is not a new flavor combo either but peanut butter, apples and honey are also pretty darn good in a quesadilla too. Of course we had to sprinkle in some healthy chia seeds for a little added crunch and protein. Delish!
You are so going to want to whip these puppies up soon! They make a great dessert too!
Try out our recipes or get creative with your own. Let us know what you come up with!
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chunks/chips
- ¼ medium green apple, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp pure honey
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Line 2 tortillas on a flat surface and spread each tortilla with 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Arrange sliced bananas on one tortilla and sprinkle with chocolate chunks. Arrange sliced apples on the other tortilla, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with chia seeds. Place the remaining 2 tortillas over the top of the open faced tortillas.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add one of the quesadillas to the skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown, flip with a spatula and cook the other side. Remove from heat. Add the other quesadilla to the pan, cook each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat and cut each quesadilla into 4 equal segments. Serve immediately.