Got 5 minutes? Well lucky you because that means you have just enough time to make this pineapple salsa. We are both major fruit salsa girls, we love mango salsa, citrus salsa and of course this pineapple salsa with avocado. We were even talking about making a spicy watermelon salsa…how good does that sound? Okay since I said it I think it really needs to happen.
This pineapple salsa is filled with all of these awesome ingredients you see here. I know I say this with every changing season but I get so excited for summer cooking because it’s light and fresh. Living in Arizona the last thing you want to do during the summer is turn on the oven and add to the sweltering inferno. Yeah yeah, I know…it’s a dry heat but even a dry heat is hot as you know what so I’m going with the no oven thing as long as I can. Anywho…this pineapple salsa makes a great appetizer or stay tuned for our next post to see what we serve it up with – hint, it rhymes with macos.
- 1½ C fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped into ½ inch chunks
- ¼ C red onion, sliced thin and chopped
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and sliced thin
- ¼ C cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- pinch of kosher salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and fold together to mix.