Are you looking for the perfect meal to make for the dad in your life this Father’s Day? Well, your search ends right here! We have the most amazing and easy recipe to share…this pepper jack, green chili and cilantro stuffed turkey burger is sure to impress! We cannot get over how delicious this burger really is. Even the kids absolutely love this one so it’s family friendly. (If pepper jack is a little much for the kiddos, just sub it out for their favorite cheese, we made it with cheddar for them).
In a mixing bowl, combine the turkey, egg, greek yogurt, chopped green chilis, garlic and cilantro. Use your hands to mix it all together and form into patties. Be sure you don’t over mix though…this will cause the burgers to be dry. You definitely don’t want that! Form the patties in your hand and create a small hole in the middle to fill with the cheese. YUM! Form the meat around the cheese so it’s hidden inside! This is the best part!
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for about 4 minutes per side. We like to add a little water to the pan towards the end of cooking, and cover for about 2 minutes to be sure they stay nice and moist and are cooked through. (You can also cook these guys on the grill outside if that’s your jam). Serve on your favorite bun and be sure to top with giant avocado slices! We promise this one is gonna be a total crowd pleaser!! I mean, look at how cute and happy the little photobomber is in this pic?? She gets fired up for burger night too!
- 1.25 lbs lean ground
- 3 Tbsp mild diced green chiles
- ¼ C chopped cilantro, packed
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ C pepperjack cheese, grated
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, chiles, cilantro, garlic, yogurt, egg and salt and mix with hands. Be careful not to overmix or else the burger will be dry.
- Form into 6 equal size thick patties, creat small hole in the middle and stuff with about 2 Tbsp shredded pepperjack. Form the patty around the cheese and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, drizzle 1 tsp olive oil in pan. Cook each patty for approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Add 1 Tbsp water at the end of cooking and cover for 2 minutes to cook through.
- Serve with your choice of toppings such as sliced avocado and fresh tomatoes.