Another recipe challenge came our way and since we are definitely not the type to turn down a challenge, we decided to turn it UP with these molasses cookies. We used Tresomega coconut oil to create these bites of heaven and let me just tell you, they are seriously THE best molasses cookies ever. I could easily form a serious addiction to these bad boys!
The Tresomega Nutrition’s coconut oil is really the secret to making these molasses cookies so soft and ooey gooey. Coconut oil is a great substitute for butter or other fats in baking not only because it tastes amazing but because there are some major health benefits to baking with coconut oil. Coconut oil is high in natural saturated fats which increase the healthy cholesterol in your body; it also helps convert the “bad” cholesterol into good cholesterol. Not to mention in helps promote heart health and it lowers the risk of heart disease. Okay, coconut oil pretty much rocks because you can also slather it all over your body as a moisturizer or in your hair to help keep it shiny and conditioned. Who knew??
If you haven’t used the Tresomega Nutrition’s coconut oil brand, you can purchase it at http://www.tresomega.com
or at Sams.com, Amazon.com or Walmart.com. Tresomega Nutrition also has some other great products like GF pasta and coconut flour.
The dough for the molasses cookies only takes a few minutes to whip up. The hard part is having to refrigerate the dough for an hour or two before forming into balls and dipping in sugar. When these molasses cookies come out of the oven the neighbors might be ringing your doorbell because your house will smell amazing. I wish there was a fresh from the oven molasses cookie candle scent. The scent probably already exists, I feel like there is a candle scent for everything!! If someone tracks one of those candles down let us know because I want it!! There is no possible way you can have just one of these cookies, they just call your name and you have to go in for seconds, or thirds or fifths. Just saying!!!
These molasses cookies are perfect for your upcoming cookie exchange party or holiday get together. Make sure to save an extra stash to keep at home, you definitely want to save some of these for yourself!!
Check out Tresomega Nutritions social media links as well:
- 1 C. dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ C coconut oil (Tresomega Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 Tbsp 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ C molasses
- 2½ C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tap cinnamon
- ¼ C sugar crystals or granulated sugar
- Add brown sugar and coconut oil to a mixing bowl. Use an electric hand-mixer to cream the ingredients together. Add egg, greek yogurt, vanilla and molasses and continue to beat until combined. Slowly add the flour in ½ C increments. Add remaining ingredients except for sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scooper to scoop out dough, roll into balls and dip one side of ball into sugar. Line cookie dough sugar side up on the baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes, remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool.