Our Healthy Rice Krispy Treats are not your mama’s rice krispy treats that you grew up on which are loaded with sugar and margarine. Lucky for you we figured out a way to bring back the nostalgia of a rice krispy treat without the margarine and marshmallows. You can even find brown rice cereal in stores now if you want to make these extra healthy.
Are you ready for it? Our secret ingredients to make up for the missing marshmallows and margarine is natural peanut butter, raw honey, vanilla and a little bit of coconut oil. That’s it! Healthy Rice Krispy Treats!
Melt those ingredients together in a saucepan and pour them over the rice cereal. Mix everything together and press the mixture into a 9X9 inch pan.
Lastly, chocolate is totally required because let’s face it, everything is better with a chocolate drizzle. I really don’t think anyone is going to argue with that! Don’t even try because you will definitely not win the argument.
Drizzle a bit of chocolate (or a lot) over the top and pop the pan in the freezer to set for about an hour before cutting into squares and digging in. And just like that, rice krispy treats made healthy…trust us, you are going to want to make these!! For another great healthy snack idea, check out our Healthy Fudgy Brownie Batter.
- 4 C rice cereal
- ½ C natural peanut butter
- ¼ C raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Add rice cereal to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan add peanut butter, honey, vanilla and 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted and combined.
- Pour mixture over rice krispies and mix until combined.
- Press mixture into a 9x9 pan using the back of a spatula.
- In a small microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil in until melted. Drizzle chocolate over the top of the rice krispy treats. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to set. Remove from pan and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.