GTK Guiltless Creamy Chicken Salad As seen on Your Life A to Z on 3TV
What’s not to like about creamy chicken salad?? Especially when you can get away with calling it guiltless! This is one of those go-to recipes that we both make on a weekly basis. We have subbed out the mayo in our recipe for 0% Greek yogurt which means that you still get the creamy texture without the fat. Add in chopped chicken breast, some fresh dill, chopped green onions and celery and finish it off with a squeeze of lime juice and S&P. That’s it…it’s that easy! With just a few steps you too can be eating this creamy chicken salad for lunch.
Once the chicken salad is made the possibilities are endless, you have so many choices when it comes to how you can serve it up. If you are serving it as an appetizer or at a brunch you can stuff a spoonful in a belgium endive spear. If you want to be really fancy you can hollow out the inside of a tomato or avocado and stuff the chicken salad inside. Otherwise, you can keep it traditional and eat it inside a pita or as a sandwich. We have it paired with these awesome seed crackers in this photo which is another great way to enjoy it as well. Whatever way you choose to eat it, you can’t go wrong. There is a reason why this is one of our all-time favorite lunch recipes!!
Use your left over chicken from our Sheet Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken with Purple Potatoes for this great salad.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (approx 2 cups)
- ¼ C 0% greek yogurt
- 2 green onions, green tops only, finely chopped
- 1 celery stock, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, minced
- juice of ½ lime
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground back pepper
- Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon chicken salad into belgium endive spears. Store remaining chicken salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.