Grilled pork tenderloin is the answer if you’re looking for a really easy and delicious weeknight dinner. Everyone in my family loves pork tenderloin, and this orange ginger grilled pork tenderloin is no exception. The marinade is so simple to make and takes only minutes. You just need some soy sauce (or tamari), fresh ginger, orange juice, honey, whole grain dijon mustard and brown sugar. You may have most, if not all of these ingredients in your pantry and fridge now. If not, no biggie, just add them to your next grocery list…you will be happy that you did! Now, you only need to marinate the pork for an hour but you certainly can let it go much longer. If you want to get it going in the morning before you head to work, that’s a great idea!! How nice to come home after a long day and have dinner ready to go on the grill? I love the days that I’m super prepared like that! It’s definitely not every day, that’s for sure…but it sure feels good when it happens, right? Anyway, I digress…back to the “other white meat”….
To make this grilled pork tenderloin just right, let the pork get all absorbed with the marinade in the fridge. Then about 30 minutes before you are ready to cook it, let it hang out on the counter so it’s not super cold when you put it on the grill. This will help ensure even cooking. You may already know that but for those who didn’t, now you do!
While the meat is on the grill, you can prepare your side dish. Tonight’s veggie choice is some charred broccoli rabe. Yum!! Another easy peasy one to make. Just clean her up with a quick wash, pat dry (make sure to dry really well) and drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with some salt and pepper and you are good to go. Once you remove the pork from the grill, cover it with foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes. This is the perfect time to cook the broccoli. It doesn’t take long on the grill. Just throw it on there and let it go for about 5 min. You can give it a quick turn half way through to make sure it’s nice and charred on both sides. Slice up the delicious grilled pork tenderloin and plate it with the broccoli. Pair it with Tomato Stuffed Wedge Salad and dinner is served!! Enjoy.
- 1-2 lb pork tenderloin
- ½ C soy or tamari
- ½ C freshly squeezed orange juice - juice from approx 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp raw honey or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- drizzle of good quality olive oil
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Trim pork tenderloin of any excess fat and silverskin. Place pork in a large ziploc freezer bag.
- In a small bowl add soy, orange juice, ginger, honey and grain mustard. Whisk together until mixed. Pour the marinade into the ziploc bag, covering the pork. Remove all of the air from the bag before sealing. Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour - and up to one day.
- Heat grill to high heat. While grill is heating remove pork from fridge and leave out for about 30 minutes.
- Prep the broccoli rabe by rinsing and drying thoroughly. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and balsamic and season with S&P.
- Grill each side of pork for about 5-7 minutes per side, flipping halfway. Remove from grill when the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Place pork in foil and wrap it up allowing it to rest for 10 minutes.
- While the pork is resting grill the brocolli for approx 5 minutes until slightly charred. Remove pork from foil, slice and serve alongside charred broccoli rabe.