Hello fresh, light and perfectly amazing spring salad, I think I love you! In keeping up with all the amazing citrus we have going on here, this salad just seemed like the perfect lunch today. Not overly starved but craving a healthy light lunch. Well, here she is!! I had a head of butter leaf lettuce from the farmers market and a giant bunch of dill that I had picked up as well. I was trying to decide how to use them in a more unique way…and that is how the grapefruit and avocado salad was born! Use what you have on hand people! Like we always say, don’t be afraid to experiment. This one was a huge success and not to mention…really easy to prepare! The grapefruit was deliciously sweet and just paired perfectly with the creamy avocado. The dill added a perfect little bite.
These flavors are all so complimentary that you don’t even need a strong or bold dressing. Just a little quality olive oil and some kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper. This is going to be a new light spring favorite salad for me. Hope you give it a try and feel the same way!
- 1large haas avocado
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 3-4 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- drizzle of good quality olive oil
- kosher salt and cracker pepper to taste
- Line butter lettuce on a plate. Cut avocado into segments and arrange on lettuce. Cut grapefruit long ways and cut into segments, removing the white membrane. Arrange on the plate with the avocado. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the top and sprinkle with dill. Season with S & P to taste.