This garden veggie wrap with lemon basil dressing is the definition of a fresh, healthy, leaves you feeling full and energized and not sluggish, wrap. We love this wrap for two reasons…1) It’s packed with veggies and healthy fats 2) It’s made with our absolute favorite lemon basil dressing.
If you follow us regularly you know that we heart this lemon basil dressing, it turns everything you pour it on into magic…it’s true. You need to make some for yourself so can experience what we’re talking about.
So this wrap is NOT complicated, in fact you can use whatever ingredients you want or have on hand. We used grated carrots, cucumbers, sprouts, avocado, yellow pepper, havarti cheese and toasted sunflower seeds, all piled on a gluten free spinach tortilla. Oh, and don’t forget the lemon basil dressing…duh!!!
Just wrap it up, secure it with a couple of toothpicks before cutting it in half, and you are ready to enjoy this healthy, low cal lunch. Easy peasy lemon basil squeezy!
- 2 spinach tortillas (we used gluten free)
- ½ C sprouts
- ¼ C sliced cucumbers
- 6 strips yellow pepper (yellow pepper cut into strips)
- ¼ C grated carrots
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 slices havarti cheese
- 2 Tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp lemon basil dressing (see recipe below)
- juice of 1 extra large lemon or 2 medium lemons
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 C loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ C 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1½ Tbsp honey
- ¼ C good quality olive oil
- S & P to taste
- Lay the two tortillas on a large cutting board. Line each tortilla with sprouts, cucumbers, yellow pepper strips, grated carrots, havarti and avocado and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Drizzle lemon basil dressing over the top of each wrap.
- Roll into a wrap and secure with 2 toothpicks. Cut in half and serve.
- Add all ingredients except for olive oil into a blender or use an immersion blender. Blend until basil is thoroughly mixed. Slowly drizzle olive oil in with blender on until combined. Add S & P to taste. Store remaining dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.