*Featured in the February issue of Scottsdale Health Magazine*
If you are looking for a new sweet treat that’s super yummy and easy peasy to make, look no further! We would like to introduce you to our totally delicious, flourless fudgy tahini brownies! Yum. Right? They are decadent and chocolatey and gluten free!! We took out the flour and the butter but added in tahini (which is sesame paste) and you know what? These things are the bomb!! Both of our families gobbled them up so that is always a testament to a successful recipe creation! We also drizzled a little white chocolate on top because it just looks so pretty, don’t you think? You certainly don’t have to do that part but we are sure you’ll be happy you did because well, do I need to explain? It’s chocolate!!
Okay, follow along as we show you how to create this chocolatey masterpiece!
Quickly preheat your oven and grease your 8×8 baking dish so you don’t forget that part. Then in a medium bowl, add the tahini, brown sugar, coconut oil, maple syrup and eggs. Use a mixer and mix these ingredients until smooth and combined.
Add in the espresso powder, cacao powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until nicely incorporated. Then you get to fold in the chocolate chips! So good.
Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean! Be so careful not to overtake these guys. They will be dry and not nearly as delicious.
After they are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool. While they are cooling, you can make the white chocolate drizzle. You just add the while chocolate chips and a little coconut oil to a bowl and melt them the microwave. Stir them so they are nice and smooth and then you can drizzle away! Cut into squares and serve them up! We like to add some pretty fresh raspberries to join the party!
- ½ C tahini
- ½ C dark brown sugar
- ¼ C pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted + 1 tsp for drizzle
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- ⅓ C cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ C dark chocolate chips (can sub semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- 2 Tbsp white chocolate chips
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8X8 inch baking pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add tahini, brown sugar, maple syrup, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, vanilla and eggs. Use an electric mixer to combine ingredients, mix on high speed for 1 minute.
- Add espresso powder, cacao powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated. Fold in ⅓ C dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Do not overbake!!
- Allow brownies to cool. While brownies are cooling add white chocolate chips and remaining 1 tsp coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute until melted, stir until smooth. Drizzle white chocolate over the brownies. Cut brownies into squares and serve with fresh raspberries.