Do you ever crave rich creamy mashed potatoes? I sure do! But I will tell you that I don’t crave the way I feel after I eat the creamy mashed potatoes….oh yeah, that would be full and bloated. You are about to be blown away with this cauliflower garlic mash, it really tastes like the real deal but you won’t feel like taking a long nap after.
Can I tell you a secret if you promise not to tell my kids? I make this for them all of the time and they have no idea that it’s cauliflower. I even served it to my step-dad who is the biggest meat and potatoes guy you will ever meet and he had seconds…yep, seconds! So if you are feeling guilty about not getting enough veggies down your kids throats…the struggle is real in our house too. Try these as a little test and see what your kiddos think. We won’t tell if you don’t tell!
- 1 head cauliflower - approx 6 C florets
- ½ C 0% Greek yogurt
- ¼ C chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, chopped - use 2 cloves if you like a lot of garlic
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese or 4 cheese italian blend (Trader Joe's has a great one)
- kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add cauliflower florets. Cook until fork tender - approx 8 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Using a food processor add cooked cauliflower, greek yogurt, chicken broth and garlic. Process until smooth. Add cheese and process again. Season with S&P to taste. Garnish with chopped chives, serve immediately. Can also make up to one day ahead and slowly reheat on the stovetop.