We are no strangers to a challenge, that’s why when we were approached by Steviva to compete in the Sweetin It-Up Blogger Recipe Challenge we were all in! We decided to whip up a delectable cast iron blackberry crisp to submit for the challenge.
Steviva has a wide range of products, we chose to use the Steviva Blend for this recipe which is a combination of stevia and an all natural gluten free fermented grain extra, erythritol. It was the perfect choice for this mouth watering blackberry crips. An added bonus when using Steviva Blend is that not only is it sugar free but it has a zero glycemic index making it safe for diabetics. To learn more about Steviva and their vast line of products click here: https://www.steviva.com
Also, check them out on social media as well:
Did you know that when you cook blackberries on the stovetop with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and Steviva Blend, even for only a minute or two, they turn from their rich dark purple/black color to red? Who knew?? You will see for yourself when you try out this recipe, it’s kinda cool!
Not only did we go the sugar free route with the blackberry crisp topping, we also went the gluten free route as well by combining rolled oats and almond flour with butter, Steviva Blend and some spices. You may be missing out on the sugar and gluten with this recipe, but your definitely NOT sacrificing the taste. That a win in our book!!
How divine does this look?? Fresh and warm out of the oven topped with our favorite coconut cream whip, sweetened with Steviva Blend. It really doesn’t get better than this!
Don’t you just want to reach through the screen and grab yourself a taste? Or better yet, the plate, or even better…the entire cast iron skillet filled with the blackberry crisp? I wish I could right about now! Make it for yourself and you too can be in cast iron blackberry crisp heaven!
- 4 C fresh blackberries
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Steviva Blend
- ¼ C rolled oats
- ½ C almond flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp Steviva Blend
- 3 Tbsp cold butter, chopped into small pieces
- 1 can coconut cream (white solids only)
- 2 tsp Steviva Blend
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add berries, lemon juice and Steviva Blend to a saucepan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Transfer berries to a cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl add all ingredients for the crisp. Use your fingers to pinch the butter into the dry ingredients. Cover the berries with crisp mixture and place skillet in the oven.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until juices begin to bubble.
- Add white solids of the coconut cream to a stainless mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and beat the coconut cream for 1 minute. Add vanilla and Steviva Blend and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- Serve crisp with a spoonful of coconut cream on top and a dash of nutmeg if desired.