Probably no need to really explain these amazing s’mores, the title says enough. Do you like salted caramel? Nutella? S’mores? Well then you need these in your life because they are the bomb.com. If you have never made salted caramel from scratch then you will be addicted. It’s so easy and I bet you can think of 100 things to smother it over, directly off of a spoon is our favorite way…I mean never mind, we’ve totally never done that before. Adding the salted caramel to a s’more is on another level ridiculous and it would be a huge mistake if you went through life without trying it. Seriously, why deprive yourself of one of the best desserts ever? If you thought it couldn’t get any better with the salted caramel then try stuffing a s’more with Nutella. For those of you that have read our blog, you know how we feel about Nutella….Courtney and I both agree that it would make sense if it had it’s own food group. Like fruit/vegetables, grains, dairy, protein and Nutella. Makes sense, right? Who’s with us?
Either way you can’t go wrong with one or both of these combinations of s’mores. I’m sure you already know what we recommend, make them both so you aren’t wondering what you are missing out on. We are bringing these to you just in time for the 4th of July. So heat up your fire pit or bbq, roast up some marshmallows and treat yourself with one of the easiest and best desserts ever!
- graham crackers
- chocolate squares
- 1 C sugar
- ¼ C cold water
- ½ C heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ Tbsp maldon salt (can use kosher salt instead)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water and stir to combine. Without stirring, cook until the sugar turns an amber hue, approx 12 minutes.
- While the sugar and water are cooking, warm cream in a small saucepan, do not boil. When the carmel is ready slowly whisk in the cream until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, whisk in butter and salt to taste.
- Roast marshmallows over a fire or bbq until melty and golden brown. Assemble smores with a graham cracker, toasted marshmallow, chocolate, drizzled salted caramel sauce and a graham cracker on top.
- Roast marshmallows until melty and golden brown. Spread Nutella on one side of each graham cracker. Assemble amores with a graham cracker with Nutella, toasted marshmallow and another graham cracker with Nutella on top.