It really just isn’t the holidays without peppermint bark. I mean, is there anything better than the combination of dark and white chocolate and the cooling flavor of peppermint? I think not! You see this delightful treat just about everywhere this time of year but you know us, we just have to make it ourselves! We are not knocking the store bought stuff but once you see how easy this scrumptious dessert is, hopefully you will be committed to trying it yourself! C’mon, you got this!
The first step is really fun. You can use this opportunity to take out any aggression you may be holding in right now! Ha! Or, let the kids participate. The will love this part. You have to put your peppermint candies in a ziploc bag and break it up with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin. Just hammer away, breaking the candies up into small bite sized pieces! Yum!
Just look at how few ingredients you need to make this dish come together! You got this!
Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a saucepan until it’s nice and smooth. Add in the peppermint extract and mix until combined. Pour the chocolate onto a parchment lined sheet pan and spread it out thinly using a spatula. Pop the sheepan into the freezer for 15 minutes. While it’s chilling in the freezer, you can get going on the white chocolate. Simply repeat what you did with the semi-sweet chocolate and peppermint extract but also add in 1/4 cup of the crushed peppermint candies.
Remove the chilled chocolate from the freezer and spread the white chocolate mixture on top of it. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy and press it into the chocolate to make sure it sets. Transfer the sheet pan to the freezer for an additional 10 minutes. Remove and break it up with your hands. Store in airtight container or a freezer bag. We love to give this as a gift this time of year. Bring this to your next party, the people are going to go nuts! Trust us!
Check out some of our other favorite holiday treats:
- 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ½ C crushed peppermint candy canes
- Line a sheet pan with wax paper. Heat semi-sweet chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Stir continuously until chocolate is melted and smooth, add ½ tsp peppermint extract and stir to mix. Pour chocolate onto sheet pan, spread out evenly with a spatula. Place sheet pan in the freezer - allow to set for at least 15 minutes.
- Add white chocolate chips to a saucepan over low heat, stirring continuously until chocolate is melted and smooth. Add ½ tsp peppermint extract and ¼ C crushed peppermint and mix until combined.
- Remove sheet pan from freezer and spread the white chocolate over the dark chocolate. Top with remaining crushed peppermint, press lightly into the chocolate. Return sheet pan to the freezer for an additonal 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and use your hands to break the bark up into large pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.