Quinoa and Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms for the WIN! There really are so many ways to enjoy stuffed mushrooms but we have got to say that our latest creation has taken a front seat in our book! We are sure that they will do the same for you too. You are not gonna believe how freaking delicious these guys are. The other best part is that they are really simple to make! You know we like to keep our recipes obtainable and not overwhelming. We know that you can do this! If you make these for your next dinner party, you are sure to impress your guests because stuffed mushrooms are just so fancy!
The other great news is that you don’t need a ton of ingredients. Check it out…you only need, mushrooms, quinoa, Italian sausage, ricotta, parmesan, garlic and parsley. How easy is that? The other good news is that you could make the sausage and quinoa the day before if you are on a time crunch.
The first steps are to cook up both your quinoa and sausage. (You can see how doing these steps the day before could really cut down your prep time right?) Anyway, in a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, quinoa, sausage, parsley and garlic until combined. Don’t forget to season it with salt and pepper. Make sure you have removed all the stems from your mushrooms. Get your oven preheated, line your baking sheet with parchment paper and get stuffing! Fill each mushroom with your ricotta mixture, place them cap side down, top with the fresh parmesan and pop them into the oven. They will take about 20 minutes to bake up and get all pretty and bubbly. Look for a nice golden brown color on the cheese. This is a sign of pure perfection. Golden cheese is the best ever!
Remove these beauties from the oven and transfer them to a pretty serving platter or plate. They are best enjoyed right away while they are warm. You are going to love these! We are sure of it!
Looking for some other easy appetizer suggestions?
- 16 large crimini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 C italian sausage, casings removed and cooked (browned)
- ½ C quinoa, cooked
- 1 C ricotta cheese
- ¼ C italian parsley, chopped + more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add sausage, quinoa, ricotta, parsley and garlic. Mix all ingredients together until incorporated. Season with S&P to taste.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place mushrooms on the baking sheet cap side down. Fill the mushroom cavities with filling. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over each mushroom and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving dish, garnish with additional chopped parsley and serve immediately.