Ohhhh sweet (with a lil heat) baked honey sriracha wings…come to mama!! Yes please! This is not a regular occurrence in our house (well, they are for my husband and son, but not me or my daughter) however, when wings do happen, we might just all be doing a little happy dance. Maybe we’ll even break out the Chicken Dance. You know the one I’m talking about? The German one that you bust out in the beer gardens at Octoberfest? It’s really fun. You clap your hands and flap your arms and stuff? It’s a real party. Anyway, I’m supposed to be talking about these wings but I just took a hard right. Sorry.
These baked honey sriracha wings are so easy to make. You have to bake them for a while though so they get nice and crispy. That’s the secret here. You won’t even know that they are not fried. Great news huh?
So all you do is combine all of the ingredients (except for the wings) in a small saucepan, bring it to a boil for like 2 minutes, and whisk away while it’s cooking. Then remove it from the heat and set it aside. This will allow the sauce to cool and thicken while the wings are baking in the oven.
Then place the wings on a parchment lined baking sheet and pop them in the oven. Bake them for about 20 minutes then flip them over and continue baking for about another 10 minutes. You want them to be cooked through and a nice golden brown color.
Once they are cooked, remove them from the oven and place them in a bowl so you can pour the yummy sauce all over them. You want to make sure they are nice and coated with the sauce. After that, transfer them back onto a parchment lined baking sheet (I like to put a new fresh clean one on my sheet pan). You can drizzle any remaining sauce over the top of the wings if you’d like. I totally do that because the sauce is just so dang good.
Then just pop them back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes so the sauce gets all yummy and sticky! You can top them off with some sesame seeds and green onions if you want them to be all pretty and fancy like! Your guests will be so impressed. But you can also skip that part and just throw them onto a platter and put them on the coffee table for the savaged beasts to attack! And I assure you that they will! ha
These wings are perfect for your football party! Here’s another game day favorite!
- 1.5 pounds chicken wings (12 wings)
- ¼ C honey
- 1 tsp lemon
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp sriracha
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- Pre-heat oven to 425 °. In a small sauce pan, whisk together all ingredients (except chicken wings) and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and set aside to cool and thicken.
- Place chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season chicken with salt and cracked pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, turn over and bake another 5-10 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Place wings in a medium bowl and toss with sauce until coated evenly. Return wings to baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove wings from the oven and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and serve immediately.